Statement of Candidate for Town Council, Moraga, Ca.
Hello, I am Kendall Langan and I have lived here in Moraga and Orinda since 1953. In 1974 I was one of the original members of the Town of Moraga Incorporation Committee. For another 14 years, I served the youth community as the President of the Lafayette- Moraga Youth Association. This program gave opportunities to over 5,000 youth sports participants each year. I have been operating a successful Food Industry business since 1968, it was incorporated in Moraga.
As your council member, I will bring professional experience that has prepared me to deal with the complex policy decision making processes on the town council. As a seventh-generation Californian, and having raised my family here in Moraga, I appreciate what Moraga has to offer and will work hard to maintain our quality of life. I am ready to give back to the town by serving on the Town Council.
As your council member, I will:
- Communicate clear visions of the future for the Town of Moraga.
- Support Local Businesses.
- Engage shopping centers to be a walkable, bike-able and enjoyable destinations.
- Preserve and maintain Moraga’s open space and semi-rural environment.
- Improve the Town’s relationship with Moraga’s School District and St. Mary’s College.
- Be accessible and responsive to constituents providing information and guidance.